Puppy Prep Academy
- Each level consists of 4, one hour classes held weekly. Our goal is to help your puppy have the manners they need to attend soccer games, greet people politely, be comfortable being home alone and not drag you down the street! We build on the basic skills of sit, down, loose leash walking, targeting and others through the use of distance, duration and distraction - each level gets progressively more challenging. Don't worry, our trainers are ready for all your puppy related questions like "when do those sharp teeth fall out", "why does he eat grass", and "why won't my puppy come back when I call her name" as well as many others.
- Level 1 : For puppies 6-16 weeks of age. This course incorporates puppy play and focuses on many common behavior challenges present at this age such as housetraining, chewing, stealing, and mouthing. Due to the target age for this class there is a heavy focus on socialization to novel people, pets and objects. This level includes a video review of clicker mechanics, treatbag, treats and a book on body language. Cost is $150
- Level 1 A: For puppies over 16 weeks. These puppies often are working on level 1 skills, but are more mature. Due to their developmental differences, puppy play and socialization is more structured. This level includes a video review of clicker mechanics, treatbag, treats and a book on body language. Cost is $150
- Level 2: For puppies over 16 weeks of age who attended our level 1 course or who have completed a private appointment prior to admission. Puppies continue to build on their base skills while adding distance, duration and distraction. Cost for this course is $125
- Level 3: It's all fun and games! Puppies and owners put their skills to the test practicing loose leash walking, greeting other people with dogs, recalls and other behaviors in a gamified format. Open to puppies who have attended previous levels or private appointments. Cost for this course is $125
Sniff'N with Sarah
- Join us for Sniffy class or take a private lesson! If you've always wanted to try nosework/scent games with your dog we offer different ways to check out it.
- Beginner Sniffers: For those new to sniffing - join us for 4, one hour classes where we introduce scent, talk about the various nose related sports, and work on identifying containers with scent. Cost is $165 and includes a scent kit with Birch, Anise and Clove for practice at home
- Intermediate Sniffers: For those who have started sniffing and are ready to practice searches and skills for competition (or fun)! Cost is $130 for the 4 week course.
- Private Training: Sarah offers private, 30-60 min appointments to work on sniffing skills and to allow dogs who may not be comfortable in a class setting to try it. Cost: $125/hr or $62.50/30 min
- More Sniffing to come!!
Private Training At the PEC - $125/hr
The Spa Suite: Our Self Bathing Area - $35/30 minutes
- Muddy dog? Stinky dog? Just a doggy dog? Book our spa suite and say good bye to the mess!
- We supply warm water, a clean tub, towels and shampoo. Bathing times are scheduled to avoid interaction with other dogs and unfamiliar people to keep your dog comfortable and safe.
- No lifting or slippery steps - with our textured ramp pets can walk right into the large tub basin. Fits up to a Great Dane. Mastiff or Pyrenees (& maybe a small pony)!
- Open to current clients only & booked in 30 minute increments.
- Contact us for a booking availabilty: Information@TheBehaviorClinic.com / 440-334-8534
- Power dryer not yet available.
Classes Coming Soon!
What do I bring to class/training sessions?
Yourself, your dog, treats that are sliced up into tiny, pea sized pieces, a favorite toy and your questions!
Do you take cash/checks?
The PEC is Cash/Check Free. We accept credit and debit cards for all transactions.
What equipment do I need?
A flat buckle/quicksnap collar or harness (body harness or front clips harness) with a 5-6 foot leash are prefered. We carry harnesses and head collars if needed. Flexi style leashes are not permited - you may borrow ons of our leashes for the duration of your session. If you have a treatbag or fanny pack for treats, please bring it.
How soon can my dog start?
Classes are enrolling currently and available spaces depend upon the individual course. Private training appointments are typically able to be scheduled within 1 week depending on the flexability of your schedule.
What happens if I need to reschedule or cancel?
We all understand that life happens. If you need to reschedule an appointment, please contact us as soon as possible.
Excessive rescheduling (3x or more) or appointments that are cancelled on the same day may incur a re-booking fee.
What are your payment policies?
Payment is due at the time of booking for classes and at the time of service for private training sessions. A non-refundable reservation deposit of $50 is taken for for all scheduled private sessions and is credited towards your invoice total the day of service. Refunds are not provided for missed classes.